After 学校 和 In Session: Specialized Group Therapy for 青年2023年2月9日
How children spend time after 学校 is influential to their individual development. 参加会议的青少年 绿烟囱学校 和 参加住院治疗, the time outside of class is pertinent to receiving additional clinical support 和 exp和ing their social-emotional growth. 绿色的烟囱 staff build a comprehensive after-学校 program that includes fun 和 recreational programming, 有机会积极探索自己的兴趣, 和 therapy that reinforces healthy relationships 和 skill building.
现在, as 绿色的烟囱 students practice for the next Raptors basketball game, 和 attend Camel Club or one of the many other recreational activities, their after-学校 schedule also includes specialized therapy groups. These groups not only support each child’s therapeutic goals but also incorporate each student’s personal goals.
In an effort to support collaborative care 和 boost student investment in group therapy, staff in our Recreation Department began preparing months in advance. Last fall staff conducted a survey during which students identified the goal(s) that were most important to them. 一旦数据被收集和分析, staff drafted students into specific group therapy sessions based on each student’s personal responses 和 feedback.
“以这种方式规划团体治疗, 我们有意优先考虑学生的声音,临床协调员艾莉森·尤利斯解释道. “We are supporting students taking ownership of their needs 和 having an active voice in their therapeutic growth.” This is also one of the many ways in which an emphasis is placed on individualized 和 strength-based care, a 核心原则 在绿烟囱.
Sessions are primarily facilitated by our Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists 和 Licensed Creative Arts Therapists, all of whom have undergone years of extensive education 和 training in their respective fields.
|自我意识—Students will engage in interventions that will help them learn more about themselves with the intention of developing an appreciation for who they are 和 an idea of who they want to be.|
· Develop self-awareness 和 improve the sense of self
|自我表现—Students are given the opportunity to express 和 share their thoughts 和 feelings through the expressive arts.|
· Channel challenging emotions into healthier outlets
|心理健康—Students will learn how to identify emotions 和 how to h和le them in a healthy way.|
· Identify what emotion you are feeling in a given moment
· Learn how to cope with different feelings 和 emotions
|我+我们-从了解自己作为个体开始, students will then explore the various social environments that they are a part of, 比如家庭, 学校, 社区, 和在线. |
· Develop awareness of how one’s self affects 和 is affected by social systems 和 environments
|与他人联系—Students will practice ways to make 和 keep peer relationships. They will find ways to feel like they belong in a group setting.|
· Improve their ability to make connections with peers
· Express feeling like they belong to a group of people
|健康的关系-学生将反思他们生活中的人际关系, 提高他们对自己如何影响人际关系的意识, 找出改善他们关系的方法.|
· Share about relationships in their lives 和 support their peers who also share
· Reflect on how they affect the people in their lives
· Enhance communication 和 take ownership to improve their relationships
|独立—Students will identify 和 practice skills needed for independence. 技能可能包括个人护理, 资金管理, 健康的习惯, 家庭护理, 烹饪, 维护自己的权利, self-agency, 休闲利益, 和经验.|
· Feel more confident in completing tasks independently.
· Identify three independent skills they want to improve on.
· Learn how to spend free time 和 embrace activities of daily living
连同其认可 特殊教育项目, 绿色的烟囱 provides intensive structure 和 support to emotionally fragile youth ages 6-21 through 住宅的治疗. Comprehensive programming 和 clinical support outside of the 学校 day help children cope with challenges related to Anxiety Disorders, 注意缺陷/多动障碍, 自闭症谱系障碍, 创伤后应激障碍, 和反应性依恋障碍, 等. 了解更多